Kelly Jayne’s Baking Tips
Here are some tips to keep you on track while you are baking and creating in the kitchen. Be sure to stay tuned in to this page for more tips and advice from the exp0erts.
- Use Room Temperature eggs and not refrigerated eggs.
- Place your baking tray or tin in the centre of the oven and don’t overcrowd your oven.
- To ensure your cake releases easily from the tin, use a pastry brush and brush your cake tin with Tinglide or butter, then dust tin with flour or cocoa powder and empty any excess flour/cocoa powder.
- Add 1teaspoon of baking powder to plain cake flour to create self raising flour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of plain milk to create buttermilk.
- To make measuring syrup or glucose easier, first heat the spoon in hot water to heat the spoon up. Dry and use as normal.
- Measure dry ingredients accurately, level off measuring cups with a flat knife.
- Sieve the dry ingredients to incorporate air.
- Allow your cakes to cool completely before icing.
- Always allow your oven to heat up properly before baking.
- Don’t open the oven door before 2/3 of the baking time has elapsed.
By Kelly Jayne
Sharing is caring!
2015 animal cupcakes babyshower courses baking tips Black Friday Deals cactus cake cake courses cake decorating cake decorating courses class course courses Deals decorating decorating course Discounts private Specials sprinkles sprinkles wall succulent course succulent cupcakes sugar flowers trends trendy wedding wedding cake decorating wedding cake decorating course wedding cakes weddings woodlands